Sorry, this event is no longer for sale.
Assistant Coach Course is an introduction to coaching in three key event areas, Running (Sprints and Endurance), Jumping (Long Jump) and Throwing
Assistant Coach Course – Zoom
Friday 21st May, 7-9.30pm Zoom oniline
Sunday June 6th 2-5pm (venue TBC) Practical
Price - €60.00
NOTE - This course is normally held over one day but is split into two sessions, for convenience. Attendance of both sessions is MANDATORY in order to complete the course.
- The content for this course includes;
- group coaching skills and identifying ways to make coaching sessions fun
- Fun and functional warm ups and cool downs
- Safety in Athletics, including Child Welfare
- Rules of key events
- Communicating with young athletes and giving effective feedback.
- Basic Running skills
- Basic Long Jump Skills
- Basic Shot Putt skills
Entry Requirements: The Assistant Coach Course is open to all those 16 years or over.
Assessment/ Qualification: There is no exam.