Sorry, this event is no longer for sale.
The Assistant Coach Course is a precursor to the Level 1 course. It gives novice coaches the basic skills required to assist at training sessions.
T: +353 85 800 6892
Date: Saturday April 18th.
Venue: University of Limerick.
The aim of the assistant coach course is to give some basic skills to the beginner coach to help assist a more senior coach in the delivery of coaching sessions to young athletes. It is an introduction to coaching in three key event areas, Running (Sprints and Endurance), Jumping (Long Jump) and Throwing (Shot Putt).
- The content for this course includes;
- group coaching skills and identifying ways to make coaching sessions fun
- Fun and functional warm ups and cool downs
- Safety in Athletics, including Child Welfare
- Rules of key events
- Communicating with young athletes and giving effective feedback.
- Basic Running skills
- Basic Long Jump Skills
- Basic Shot Putt skills
Entry Requirements: The Assistant Coach Course is open to all those 16 years or over.
Assessment/ Qualification: There is no exam.