Coaching Teenage Girls is designed specifically to support coaches of girls 12-17 years of age. It will enable coaches to create a positive experience of sport and physical activity for girls in their formative years. Enhancing their environment where girls can enjoy their sport leading to a positive experience of being involved with sport in their club. This will then aid in retention within their given sport.
This certified Coaching Ireland Workshop will be taking place on Tuesday 28th of November from 6:30pm to 9:30pm online via the app Zoom.
The cost of the programme is €10 per participant and the overall cost has been heavily subsidised by Monaghan, Meath, Louth & Cavan Sports Partnerships.
Who is this Workshop for?
This workshop is targeted at coaches, volunteers, committee members, involved in female participation across all sporting types, in particular the club structure.
On completion of the workshop, coaches will receive a certificate of attendance from Sport Ireland.
Key Learning Outcomes:
1. Gain an understanding of the relationship between sports participation and physical/mental health for adolescent girls.
2. Identify the key reasons why girls engage in physical activity and sport and why they drop out.
3. The importance of fun and informal participation can have teenage girls
4. Understand the importance of communication (coach to player and player to player) in retaining girls in sport
5. Raise awareness around the effect’s puberty can have in the teenage years.
6. Identify the role of actual competence and confidence for engaging girls in sport and physical activity.
7. Examine coaching practices and communication that build’s autonomy, confidence, and belonging in girls across team and individual sports.