Level 1 Coaching Course Tullamore
Fridays 18th & 25th October (6-9pm)
Saturdays 19th & 26th Oct (9-4pm)
Location: Tullamore Harriers, Spollenstown, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
All dates must be attended to complete the course
- Developing the techniques of running, jumping and throwing.
- Understanding the effects of puberty in developing the young athlete
- Planning and conducting a training session incorporating Running, Jumping and Throwing
- Developing the mental capacities of the athlete towards fair play, discipline, confidence, concentration etc.
- Developing the fundamental skills of Running, Jumping and throwing and making them more sport specific
- Continuing the development of athletics in a fun environment
- Child Welfare and Safety in events
Duration: This is a course over 2 weekends (25 hours)
Entry Requirements: Level 1 is open to all those 18 years or older who have completed an Athletics Leader course or an Assistant Coach course.
- Practical assessment and continuous assessment throughout the course.
- Sample training session
- Observed Practice
- Oral assessment
Cost: €100 - Included in the price for this course is a Coaching Manual.