Sorry, this event is no longer for sale.
Athletics Leader focuses on introducing the fundamentals of athletic movement to children.
Athletics Leader Course
Newcastlewest Community Centre, Newcastlewest, County Limerick
12th of October 2019
Time: 10am- 4pm
- The content for this course includes;
- group coaching skills and identifying ways to make the coaching sessions fun
- The use of small hurdles and obstacles, running, jumping, throwing and running
- games to provide fun in developing fitness
- developing an awareness of the growing child and the implications on fitness activities
- games to develop speed and reaction, using acceleration and change of direction
- The ethics of coaching including topics such as winning vs. involvement and recognising the importance of individual improvement
- Practical sessions on running and agility, balance, jumping, co-ordination and throwing and catching
- Planning a session and a programme
Duration: This is a course over 1 day (8 hours)
Entry Requirements: Athletics Leader is open to all those who are 16 years or over
Assessment/ Qualification: There is no exam.
Cost: €60, Included in the fee for this course is the Athletics Leader manual full of fun games and activities for use with young athletes