Location:Petersburg Outdoor Education Centre, Clonbur, Co. Galway
Date: Sunday 28th November 2021
Time: 9am to 5pm
The Foundation in cycling coaching course aims to provide coaches with an introduction to cycling coaching.
To attend the Foundation in Cycling Coaching candidates must:
• be over 16 years of age.
• Prior to attending the course candidates will be required to do some pre-course workbook activities (roughly 1 hour), done in own time.
On completion of the Foundation Cycling Coaching Course candidates will be:
• A qualified Foundation in Cycling Coach
• Able to assess and manage risks of coaching and provide a safe environment.
• Able to organise, deliver and evaluate a coaching session for children and beginner adult cyclists.
• Able to provide activities to progressively develop techniques and skills.
• Utilise a range of coaching strategies.
The Foundation in Cycling Coaching Award is equivalent to the Introductory Level Coach stage on the Sport Ireland Coaching Framework in accordance with the Coaching Development Programme for Ireland.
Duration and Format: The course consists of a 1-day assessed course, with some requirements pre and post course.
Course Cost: €50 or £40 Cycling Ireland Members / €60 or £50 Non Cycling Ireland Members - Non-Cycling Ireland members are charged a One Day Licence (ODL) at checkout.