Terms and Conditions for IVCA Membership
- Membership of the IVCA is subject to approval by the Directors and to the Constitution of the Company. First-time applicants for IVCA Racing membership must complete a Pre-Application Form (available at theivca.com) and be approved prior to submitting the application form below.
- Personal Accident Insurance is compulsory for participation in any IVCA cycling event and an approved cycling helmet must be worn. Cycling Ireland’s insurance policy does not currently provide cover for IVCA events.
- Members 66 of age and over with 10 years’ unbroken membership of the IVCA immediately prior to the current year’s application are entitled to free membership and racing fees (where appropriate). However, members qualifying for free membership must pay for Transponder license (if racing) and Personal Accident insurance to participate in racing or touring events. Please note that members falling into this category may choose Fee Option R1, where they wish to participate in Road Races. Otherwise, they may choose Fee Option T1 or NC2, which is for Time Trial only, or Non-Competitive only, and shall not participate in Road Races.
- It is a condition of Racing membership of the IVCA that you assist in the preparation or running of the Wicklow 200, either prior to, or on the day of the event which takes place on 9th June 2019. Membership fees have been heavily discounted in anticipation of the voluntary work by members on the event.
- The following sanctions shall apply where members fail to assist with the event:
- a SIX WEEK ban shall apply to your participation in all racing and time trial events, AND
- ALL prize awards and monies shall be forfeit
- Racing members are also required to marshal at Road Races and/or Time Trials. Sanctions will be applied to members who fail to fulfil their marshalling duties.
- A valid e-mail address must be provided for the purposes of official communications from the Company (e.g. notifications of AGM or other events). If you do not have an e-mail address, a family member or friend may be willing to allow you to use theirs.
If you do not wish to sign up online you still have the option to post your application.
Completed forms should be sent, together with appropriate fee, to:-
Kevin McFeely, 16 Lioscian, Swords, Co.Dublin. Cheques/Postal Orders should be made out to Irish Veteran Cyclists Association. Do not send cash in the post.