Sorry, this event is no longer for sale.
The assistant coach course is to give some basic skills to the new coaches that may work with other experienced coaches.
Event Description: Assistant Coaching Course
TUS, Midlands 9-45 am-5pm november 25th 2023
It is an introduction to coaching in three key event areas, Running (Sprints and Endurance), Jumping (Long Jump) and Throwing (Shot Putt).
- The content for this course includes;
- group coaching skills and identifying ways to make coaching sessions fun
- Fun and functional warm ups and cool downs
- Safety in Athletics, including Child Welfare
- Rules of key events
- Communicating with young athletes and giving effective feedback.
- Basic Running skills
- Basic Long Jump Skills
- Basic Shot Putt skills
Duration: This is a course over 1 day
Entry Requirements: The Assistant Coach Course is open to all those 16 years or over.
Assessment/ Qualification: There is no exam.
Cost: €74.90- Included in the price for this course is an Athletics Ireland Assistant Coaching Resources.