Cork Sports Partnership, Cork City Council & Munster Rugby have teamed up to co-ordinate a New Youth Leader Rugby Programme for male and females aged 16-18 years old this May! Delivered online and in person this programme aims to support and develop participants coaching skills, confidence and leadership in a supportive environment.
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE!
What is involved?
Full attendance and participation is required on each of the following workshops and courses:
- Safeguarding 1 Child Protection in Sport (3 hours online)
- Sports First Aid (2 hours online)
- IRFU Rugby Prime Course (3 hours online, delivered over 2 evenings)
- Rugby On The Greens Planning Session (in person when restrictions allow)
- Access to other optional Cork Sports Partnership courses ie Physical Literacy, Coaching Children, Disability Awareness in Sport, Autism in Sport, CSP webinars
- Selected participants will complete Rugby On The Greens Assistant Coach Placement
- Participants must be aged between 16-18 years old. Those under 18 will require permission from a parent or guardian. - Parent/guardian will be required to register on their behalf
- Have in interest in coaching children
- Commit to attending all course dates and actively engage in each workshop
- Participants assisting as coaches for the On The Greens in Cork City will be required to be garda vetted through Cork Sports Partnership
- Interested participants will be required to give a 200 word background on why they would like to participate on this programme
If you have any questions or queries on this survey, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.
Cork Sports Partnership