Sorry, this event is no longer for sale.
This beginner’s programme is ideal for anyone looking to gain the fundamental skills needed to kayak.
This programme is ideal for anyone looking to gain the fundamental skills needed to kayak including:
- How to mount and dismount the sit on top correctly.
- Forward and reverse paddling and how to stop.
- Forward and reverse sweep stroke and how to turn while stationary.
- How to keep the boat in a straight line while maintaining speed.
- Righting the sit on top and how to mount from the water.
So weather you are looking to tackle the Bantry Bay Adventure Race on Aug 26th or explore the Blue Way this programme is what you are looking for and ideal for any beginner. All equipment will be provided. This programme is being organised as part of with the West Cork Islands Community Sports and Physical Activity Hub.
Training sessions are subject to cancellation/postpone if weather is bad.